Saturday, January 26, 2008

He didn't consider his dead body

After school, I had a dream job. I worked hard at the ones I had at hand but I knew where I was going. I prayed and had the assurance of God’s promise that He would show up. He did and I was excited when after 2 years, I got an invitation to attend the interview.

I prepared for the d-day in everyway I knew how, but alas I fell sick one week before. I decided to attend the interview anyhow, because I couldn’t afford to miss such a once in a life time opportunity. As I sat before the panel, my eyes shifting here and there from the fever; I knew I was doing badly, as my answers to their questions were clearly incoherent. In the end I had to tell them I was ill, just to save face.

As I left the office, I screamed to God in my heart. “Why? God I prayed and you promised me this job. Such a golden opportunity and I had to fall ill and mess up. I have lost it.”

I was stunned, when the response in my heart sounded clearly, “Where is your faith?”

“I can’t bring myself to believe that anything good can come out of this. I have failed woefully, why would they hire me?”

Silence.

Somehow I felt much stronger, when I got home, so I decided to go for our evening home fellowship. I was late but as I entered and sat down. I caught the preacher reading from the book of Romans Chapter 4 and verse 19-20:

“And Abraham not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body already dead (since he was 100 years old) and the deadness of Sarah’s womb.

He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith giving glory to God.

And being fully convinced that what God had promised, he was also able to perform.

No one had to tell me – That was God speaking to my situation. The interview process was ‘dead’ but God was able to fulfill his promise. So I decided to believe. “God, I don’t know how you are going to do it, but I decide to trust you.”

You guessed right - I was called for another interview and I got the job.

But that is not the end of the story. A month or two after I settled down, I got talking to one of my supervisors who was on the interview panel. He was curious as to my relationship with one of the interviewers – Mrs X.

Clearly I told him that I had never met her before the interview.

He didn’t quite believe me as he explained. “The reason I ask is - Mrs X stood her ground vehemently against every other person’s opinion and insisted that you be given another chance and called for the second stage of the interview. We couldn’t understand why and so concluded that you must be related to her.”

As he left me, I took time to thank God. He had showed me once again, that if he promises, then he will do it and he knows how best to.


3 comments:

Sam Oracle said...

Wow, that is really a miracle.
God was really there for you.
God does not abandon his people
This is inspirational and will definitely recharge my faith.

BroTee said...

He is faithful that has Promised! He is always faithful. He is always full of kindness.
Thanks for sharing this. I had an experience last week, when I thought all hope was lost, he did it! Baba is always keeping His promise. It is just that we His children doubts most of the time just because we can't figure out how He will bring the Promise to fulfilment.
Shalom

laspapi said...

This is a good story. He makes all things beautiful in His time.