Monday, September 3, 2007

Another day Another Miracle

Every day is a miracle. We do not often see this because we have gone through so many days and so tend not to pay attention to the miracle of:
breathing, sleeping and waking, eating without chocking, going to the toilet freely, and returning home safely after each day.

But God is actively working on our behalf.

Psalm 91: 11-12 'For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone

Yesterday evening, God brought the fact of His divine protection, home to me again. My husband came home about 7p.m. in the evening and sat down. I greeted him casually, and why not? He had just dropped me at home three hours earlier before returning to church.

With a pensive tone he said - I experienced something today that I have never experienced in my whole life. That got my attention... What happened? I asked. He told us the story

He was driving from our church within the Mainland hotel complex and had a Pastor friend - Pastor Otunde, beside him. The Pastor's children were sitting behind. He drove through oyingbo towards Adekunle to drop Pst Otunde at home. At the second main intersection, notorious for being blocked by danfo drivers, they saw people running towards their direction, including the danfo drivers who abandonned their buses. Their first thought was armed robbers, and so Pastor Otunde opened the door and gave a characteristic order that you hear in cases like that - Run!!!

However, in that split second where he had placed one foot on the ground, my husband saw a trailer facing the one way traffic and bearing down on him with an obvious problem of brake failure. The road at that point sloped downwards and the trailer was clearly gathering speed. He took a decision and swerved to the left. Pastor Otunde was thrown out of the car and as he hit the ground he was rolled to the right. The trailed passed between the car and Pastor Otunde, missing them both by a hair's breadth before speeding by and chasing other pedestrians and drivers off the road. A stunned Pastor Otunde got up and the first question he asked my husband was - What just happened now? As i lay on the ground i saw the tires of the trailer roll just beside my face!

Apart from a few bruises he was okay. He kept saying, Thank you Lord for this miracle. Not even my glasses were broken.

I woke up early this morning and kept thinking of what could have happened if God had not intervened. All I could do was sing songs of praises. It could have been a different story. Join me to say.... halleluyah!!

Make God continue to look out for us, In Jesus Name. Amen.

Have a blessed week

No comments: