Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I LOVE MY PHONE… So What?

Last week I got a mail on my desk top, with a questioner attached that could help determine a man’s true treasure. I was meditating on the content of the mail when my younger brother walked in. He is a commited Christian; born again and also loves the Lord. I decided to test the mail on him.

As he sat across the table I fired a couple of questions at him.

“Do you love God?”

“Of Course! Why do you ask?”

“Don’t ask questions, just answer me. Now, do you agree that the bible is God’s word?”
“Yes I do!!”

“Do you have a bible and if you do, is your bible a treasure?”
“Yes and Yes.”

“Okay, that’s great now just a few more questions... Do you have a phone?”
He looked at me curiously wondering what I was getting at. “You know I have a phone,” he answered cautiously. “I spent a fortune on it.” For proof he tapped the phone strapped to his belt.

“Which is more important to you – Your bible or your phone?”
“Sister, what kind of a question is that? My bible is certainly more important to me!!”

“Okay. I see your phone attached to your belt. Do you also carry your bible around?”
“No.”

“Do you flip through your phone several times a day?”
“Yeah.”

“… Your bible”
He shook his head.

“If you leave home in the morning and realize you have forgotten your phone what will you do.”

“I’ll go back and get it.”

“Would you do the same if you realize you forgot your bible.”
He squeezed his face … “Probably not.”

“How many times a day do you check your phone for messages?”
“Several times.”

“Do you check your bible for messages regularly?”
“Naaah…”

“When you think of a gift which comes to your mind first – a phone or a bible…?”
He smiled

“What would you use in case of emergency? Your bible or your phone?”
“To be honest, I will use my phone. But then now that you ask, I realize that God’s word can get me out of trouble any day. Any more questions?”

I smiled.
Tough questions but it makes one think - 'What are my priorities?’

Matt 6:21, “For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also….

1 comment:

BroTee said...

I am guilty as charged. It is humbling to know that when tested what we profess is often not portrayed in our daily actions.
I pray that the Lord in His infinite mercy we help my unbelief.
He that helped Paul is the only hope we have. Truly the spirit is willing to do the right thing, but the flesh is weak.
By the way, you can get the bible into your phone (if your phone is java compatible) Check my post here
KJV Bible in my phone