Thursday, February 24, 2011

Today not Tomorrow - Time To Preach the gospel

Have you ever felt the nudging of the Holy Spirit to witness to someone He brings across your path, but then you respond with a soft but sure – I’ll do it; tomorrow.


There are some tomorrow excuses that are just too dangerous and which should be done away with. Especially after you consider the testimony below from a colleague in my office.


It’s quite important to me that I keep my nails in tip top shape all the time. So I have a manicure / pedicure done mostly once a month. In recent months I’ve had it done in a salon by one Alhaja (name withheld). In November I noticed she had restless leg and I had to ask her what was wrong. She responded that she had an accident a few weeks back which affected her leg.


I felt moved to pray for her. So I lay my hands on her knee and asked God to heal her. That’s when I heard the Holy Spirit whisper in me. “Is that all? Aren’t you going to share the love of Jesus with her?”


I don’t have a doubt that I have a special calling to evangelise and bring people to Jesus. But I really hadn’t just thought of that, so I was grateful for the Holy Ghost’s prompting.


I spoke with her and was pleasantly surprised when she accepted Jesus as her personal Lord and Saviour. She confessed however that she wouldn’t be able to go to church because of her husband. I then directed her to attend a Christian house fellowship close by.


In December, I turned up as usual for my manicure and also to check up on her. I encouraged her the more and advised her to stay close to Jesus.


In January, right on track I turned up at Ahlaja’s shop, it was locked. I tried to find out where she was; and a woman next door told me…. She died last week!


I was sad. But also quite glad that I had obeyed the Holy Spirit’s prompting to share God’s plan for salvation and eternal life with her. How bad would I have felt if I had said …. TOMORROW.


This is quite a deep story. It’s also a clarion call for us to listen and immediately respond to God’s leading on when and how he wants us to share the word of God.


Mark 16: 15 - And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. (KJV).


John 3:16 – For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son; that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

No comments: